It’s best to merge any similar topics BEFORE voting, so that attendees do not vote more than once on the combined topic as the merge will consolidate all earlier votes from the child topics.
To merge topic cards you need to:
- Click on ‘Merge’ in a new topic card.
- Select the cards in the topic column you wish to merge together by clicking on the central arrow.
- Enter text into the parent card and click ‘Merge Topics’ (Note: You cannot merge until you have entered text into the new ‘Parent’ topic)
Step 1 – Click on Merge
In the Topic column view, click on ‘Merge’ at the bottom right of a new topic card.
Step 2 – Select topic cards
Highlight the topic cards you wish to combine by clicking on the tick in the centre of each card. Click once more to deselect.
Step 3 – Type text into the parent card and click Merge Topics
Add text to the new parent topic card and click ‘Merge Topics’. All votes will be combined and the number of child topics will be displayed in the top right hand corner of the parent.
- Attendees who voted on the original cards may remove their vote from the parent card if required.
- The topic cards merge is not reversible so please be sure to select the correct topics to merge.
- Merge cards may be used even after discussion if you realise you have already discussed something that has been entered into a different topic card.
We would very much appreciate any feed back on our updates. Please let us know if you use them and if they make your LCT experience better!