by Joanne Haley | Oct 25, 2021 | New Features
Release Notes for 1.1.768
25 October, 2021
- We have made some updates to the Zoom conference integration allowing users a better experience when using integrated video from the board. Unnecessary buttons have been removed so that the video link is less cluttered and speakers are less distracted as the speaker view no longer appears in a separate window.
Release Notes for 1.1.759
30 September, 2021
- Users may reference an attendee on the board by using the @ feature in comments, actions and learnings. Entering ‘@’ followed by the first letter of a name into the text box will present a list of attendees for selection. All attendees invited to the board may be referenced regardless of their online status.
- Comments added during the discussion can be ‘liked’ by attendees. Each comment now has a clickable heart and the number of likes will be displayed within the comment box and will be captured on the session summary.
- The subdomain prefix “www.” is now automatically added to the Lean Coffee Table URL. This has solved the issue of errors during sign in with Microsoft, Slack and Google.
Release Notes for 1.1.743
12th February, 2021
- Session summaries can now accommodate languages with characters other than the English Roman alphabet. LCT boards using Cyrillic, Arabic, Greek, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Georgian and Armenian alphabets will now render correctly in the summary.
- The email sent inviting an attendee to a board has been optimised for scenarios where images are blocked in the message.
- Hyperlinks pasted into topics or comments will display as plain text and not in HTML and the ampersand will render correctly in the Session summary
- A fix has been implemented to allow facilitators to switch between guest access and a closed access board.
Release Notes for 1.1.739
3rd February, 2021
- When a meeting is ended, facilitators now have the option to create a follow-on meeting which includes the attendees and topics transferred from the completed meeting. All topics or just the undiscussed topics can be transferred to the new board and the previous board is archived for reference. For full details, please refer to https://blog.leancoffeetable.com/url-for-recurring-meetings/
- Zoom links which include a password now work seamlessly with the integrated Zoom conferencing functionality. There is now no need to edit your conference link to remove the password.
Release Notes for 1.1.730
14th October, 2020
- Dark mode is now fixed and may be toggled on/off as desired.
- Code has been amended to prevent stray HTML showing in the Session summary and exported Actions/Learnings.
Release Notes for 1.1.719
16th September, 2020
- We have improved the merge topic functionality. Now facilitators can unmerge topic cards or add additional topic cards to an already merged card. Votes from the child cards will be grouped into the merged parent but will remain with the child if unmerged.
- Links added within the comment field are now parsed and will open in a new tab.
- Guest will not see the ‘how to’ welcome tour each time they visit a board. It will be shown once and if it is watched or dismissed, will not be shown on subsequent visits.
Release Notes for 1.1.715
8th September, 2020
- Topic card votes may now be hidden from all participants to prevent undue influence during the voting phase. The Facilitator can toggle show or hide votes in the Facilitator controls.
- Facilitators are now warned that switching off ‘Show Topic Author’ is intended to allow participants to vote and discuss topics without being influenced by the identity of the topic author. The feature is not for anonymity – Topic authors will be shown in the session summary.
Release Notes for 1.1.704
25th June, 2020
- Topic card comments can now be edited and deleted from within the Discussing column
- Dark Mode is available for everyone now. It can be accessed from the left menu
- Dedicated menus to improve the experience for Guests
- End Meeting button is now always visible to the Facilitator once the meeting has started
- Link to our Security Policy PDF has been added to the footer
- SVG assets were not always displaying on Chrome – fixed
- Adding comments to topics on mobile had stopped working – fixed
- IntroJS guide has been disabled for mobile
- Scrollbars were appearing on Firefox when Dark Mode was active – these have been removed
Release Notes for 1.1.693
16th June, 2020
- Removed notification that appeared when trying to edit someone else’s topic card. This has been replaced with clearly defined editable and non-editable fields.
- End Meeting button Lean Coffee meetings had stopped working
- Additional text from Add Topic button removed
- Topic cards going underneath columns when dragged form the Discussed column
- Additional spacing removed from mobile layouts
- Topic card author name re-alignment
- Logo position fixed for iPad
Release Notes for 1.1.688
16th June, 2020
- ZOOM performance has been improved with an API update
- Comments are now visible in the Discussed and To Discuss columns
- End Meeting button relocated to the top of the Discussed column for better visibility
- You can now discuss topics for longer with additional time lengths available to select from
- IntroJS style guides for Lean Coffee meetings, have been added for Facilitators and Attendees
- The invite attendees popup has been made easier to use
- Dark Mode colour updates
- Reduced topic card vertical heights
- The IntroJS onscreen help guide has had text updates and has also been restyled
- Facilitators are unable to scroll the control panel on Firefox
- The radio buttons on the Lean Coffee meeting summary popup had stopped working
Release Notes for 1.1.668
9th June, 2020
- Dark Mode option is now available
- Topic author names have been made darker
- Vote button not appearing for some people in a particular set of circumstances
Release Notes for 1.1.665
8th June, 2020
- Lean Coffee Meeting Summary PDFs now display content clearer
- IntroJS style guides for Lean Coffee meetings is available for some Users in Beta
- SignalR occasionally dropping connection for some users
- Vote button not appearing for some people in a particular set of circumstances
We still have a long backlog of requested features and ideas to improve Lean Coffee, which we will deliver in the coming weeks. Please contact us
with any feedback.
by Joanne Haley | Sep 30, 2021 | New Features
We all love a ‘like’
- We are all familiar with ‘likes’. We use them to acknowledge others’ contributions and show our agreement. Well now, you can ‘like’ your colleague’s comments on discussion topics. Each comment field now has a clickable heart. The number of likes will be shown on the board in real time and will be captured on the session summary.
We are hoping the new feature will increase engagement and participation of attendees, allow facilitators to gauge the popularity of opinions and encourage recognition of the effort and value of someone taking the time to write a comment.
The likes should be particularly valuable for users who run larger lean coffees. With some LCT sessions attracting more than 100 people, we hope it will enable individuals in large group meetings to become more engaged in the conversation.
- Now here’s a little shortcut for you – use the @ feature to reference yourself or another user invited to the board.
This is useful for assigning actions or learnings and saves time typing in names. Entering ‘@’ followed by the first letter of a name into the text box will present a list of names to choose from. Any attendees invited to the board can appear in the list.
by Joanne Haley | Mar 12, 2020 | New Features
New Look for Lean Coffee Table
This spring, we are bringing you a whole new look and feel to Lean Coffee Table. We have been listening to your feedback and refreshed the design that is now optimised for PC, tablet and phone devices.
Your Lean Coffee meetings will benefit from an enhanced user experience with the same great functionality to maximise the engagement and creative contribution of all participants.
A new cleaner menu has been introduced for creating new boards, navigating to your meeting board list and managing your account settings.
Two distinct meeting types
‘Lean Coffee’ (LC) and ‘Agenda-driven’ (ADM) both optimised to provide an application which is both easy to use and engaging for your meeting attendees.
Integrated Zoom conferencing will reduce the amount of screen switching and keep the focus on your discussions.
Lean Coffee topics are now added in a new screen allowing users to view all topics easily prior to voting. Facilitators may now merge similar topic cards from this screen.
The new look ADM meeting board has a restyled agenda list providing a simple and effective means of managing your meeting timeline.
We really hope you like the new look Lean Coffee. Please contact us with any feedback.
by Joanne Haley | Jun 5, 2019 | New Features
New discussion timer prompt
We are always happy to listen to our users. Feedback suggesting that facilitators did not always remember to set the timer for discussion has led us to introduce a little reminder.
Now, when you move a topic card into the discussing column, you will be prompted to start the timer. A drop down will enable you to select the length of the initial discussion (up to 10 minutes) and away you go!
Please get in touch if you have suggestions for how we could make Lean Coffee table work better for you.
by Joanne Haley | Apr 30, 2019 | New Features
Merge topic cards is here!
Many of you have asked for the functionality to merge topic cards to consolidate voting on similar topics. Facilitators will now have the benefit of selecting topic cards and combining these into a new card which will include the original cards’ text and votes.
It’s best to merge any similar topics BEFORE voting, so that attendees do not vote more than once on the combined topic as the merge will consolidate all earlier votes from the child topics.
To merge topic cards you need to:
- Click on ‘Merge’ in a new topic card.
- Select the cards in the topic column you wish to merge together by clicking on the central arrow.
- Enter text into the parent card and click ‘Merge Topics’ (Note: You cannot merge until you have entered text into the new ‘Parent’ topic)
Step 1 – Click on Merge
In the Topic column view, click on ‘Merge’ at the bottom right of a new topic card.
Step 2 – Select topic cards
Highlight the topic cards you wish to combine by clicking on the tick in the centre of each card. Click once more to deselect.
Step 3 – Type text into the parent card and click Merge Topics
Add text to the new parent topic card and click ‘Merge Topics’. All votes will be combined and the number of child topics will be displayed in the top right hand corner of the parent.
By clicking the number in the top right hand corner of the new parent card you can see the text and votes assigned to the original topics cards.
- Attendees who voted on the original cards may remove their vote from the parent card if required.
- The topic cards merge is not reversible so please be sure to select the correct topics to merge.
- Merge cards may be used even after discussion if you realise you have already discussed something that has been entered into a different topic card.
We would very much appreciate any feed back on our updates. Please let us know if you use them and if they make your LCT experience better!